Friday, February 8, 2013

My dog needs to pee.....

So apparently I'm a junior in college now. And I have a minor. Psychology to be specific.
But a major? Uh, no.
I would love to say that media arts is my major, because that's what I want it to be. But it's not, because it is one of those dreaded LIMITED ENROLLMENT MAJORS. Ay ay ay. I hate the concept of those. I mean, it makes sense for things like nursing and stuff.... but that's it. We pay our lives to come to college, and then there's no guarantee we will even be able to major in what we want to, because we might be declined by a major.
It is so dumb. Just so dumb.
Luckily though, I haven't been declined. Yet. Becauseeee I haven't even applied. It's not like the application is due in a month or anything. Or this is my last semester to freely pick a major.
Oh wait, YES IT IS.
Psych, I am pathetic at this thing called life.
I was going to apply last semester, but I never got around to it. Mainly because the application requires this short video, and I couldn't think of an idea for that to save my life. And I was sort of at this crossroad again this semester, until I was talking to my little brother on the phone the other night. If you're friends with me on Facebook you've probably already seen this, but this is basically what happened:
"I was talking to my little brother on the phone.... and he told me that he tried to send me a hot dog and bun in the mail. But he only put one stamp on it, so it came back to him in the mail, and the hot dog and ketchup was exploded all over everything. And the moldy bun is still sitting in the mailbox.
He is 8 years old, and going far in life."
Is that not the greatest thing ever? I think the greatest part is, he was making the whole thing up. But basically, this is what my video will be. And although it still has to like actually be made... I do think I just might actually have a chance at getting this application done on time. Whether or not it's worth it to actually try, I guess I'll never know unless I do try.
I just can't imagine the feeling of being accepted into the program, it would be unreal. And I can only hope that it can be real.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I am so glad you have a video idea. And I love it. It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Barney. What ever will I do when you leave. Not a single soul will ever look at this thing anymore. Haha.

      Delete